Monday, December 31, 2012

The Post About A New Year

Personally, I have always dreaded the idea of "New Years Resolutions." In my clearly professional opinion, I think they are stupid.

Now I might get stoned for saying this but: Why do we need a day devoted to starting over?

In this world, we can start over whenever we like. We can set goals and push ourselves to do better without having a holiday for it.

I am not saying that we shouldn't celebrate another year, because as a race of living things it is an accomplishment to live a whole 365 days without everyone killing each other.

I'm just saying that setting New Years as a time to make new goals and try to change our lives is just an excuse to push back improving yourself until New Years. If you want to start working out don't wait until New Years. Just go to the fricken gym and start getting in shape. If you want to eat healthier just start buying healthier food. If you want to get closer to God, pick up a bible and start reading.

This might sound a little harsh but the reality is that if you really want to do something, you don't need a holiday to tell you to do it.

As contradictory as this is I think it should be "resolutions" day every day, because it is never too late or too early to change your life for the better.

But also keep in mind that you aren't going to be able to change your life in one day, otherwise I would be in perfect shape, eating three balanced meals a day, and talking to God constantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment