Friday, December 28, 2012

The Post About Procrastination

A lot of people have a problem with procrastinating. I didn't really realize this until I got friends that shed some light on the fact that my struggle with procrastinating did not make me lazy.

One of my biggest problems with admitting I procrastinate until the cows come home, is that in my mind procrastinating equals lazy. However, when i am trying to put something off I get stuff done. And I mean like Michelangelo and the Sistine Chapel kind of stuff done.

Alright, so maybe not that extensive.

But I can crank out some pretty intense stuff while I am procrastinating.

One time I invented a new form of chess while I was avoiding studying for an AP exam. I basically sat down and rewrote EVERY rule of chess. Every chess piece was given a different purpose. Why in this great vast world would I do that? I mean Chess is a perfectly fine game. Why did I need to take it and change the whole thing?

Because I needed to avoid the AP note-cards of death that haunted me from inside my backpack. And yes, it was that intense. I am talking serious business here.

So, if you ever feel lazy while you are procrastinating just remember that no matter what you are putting off and no matter how important it is you CANNOT re-work the game of chess because I have already done that and that just makes you a copycat. (that was sarcastic for all of my literal fake fans.)

2 comments:

  1. Lol I love you anna. This is cute! Btw its tyffany

    ReplyDelete