Saturday, December 29, 2012

The Post About Television

I have a  large issue with television. It's not the fact that I don't like it. It's actually the exact opposite. I have an obsession with two shows in particular.

It might not be a complete obsession. I only have a minor shrine that hangs above my bed and being able to name almost every single episode in order isn't that bad. In fact I think I have plenty more space in my mind to become more obsessed.

The aims of my extreme obsessions are Doctor Who and Sherlock.

If you are a lowly peasant who has not yet experienced the two most wonderful, mind boggling, life altering television shows every created than I will explain what these shows are.

Doctor Who is about an alien that travel through time and space in his TARDIS. Instead of dying he regenerates and turns into someone else. He travels around with companions saving the world from the evil clutches of creepy and sometime ridiculous monsters. If you are in need of more explanation just watch the wonderful Craig Ferguson explain it in song form in three minuets (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9P4SxtphJ4). The video is worth your time.

Sherlock -as you might imagine- is based off of the best book in the entire history of ever, Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Sherlock is played by Benedict Cumberbatch. That handsome man to the right.
Yeah
Benedict alone is a reason to watch the show.

So if you are board and have time go on Netflix and enlighten yourself on these delightful moments of cheeky British television that you will become emotionally invested in and eventually they will take over your lives.......
no big deal.


2 comments: