Sunday, December 30, 2012

The Post About Gatsby

Ah the wonderful, spectacular Gatsby.

In case you don't know I am a shameless fangirl when it comes to most things and books are not an exception. If you haven't heard F. Scott Fitzgerald's masterpiece from the heavenly kingdom of the worlds greatest literary works is being made into a movie.

Going back to the fangirl thing I also have a few celebrities I fangirl over:
1. Benedict Cumberbath
2. Aidan Turner
3.Leonardo DiCaprio

Now, back to the movie thing. Lenoardo DiCaprio is playing GATSBY!!!!!!!!! And Leonardo DiCaprio playing Gatsby = total literary nerd girl swoon!

And honestly if you aren't a fan of DiCaprio, you should just accept the fact that you have a horrible taste in actors and should probably never speak to anyone every again. In fact it might just be best to live under a rock, alone, in solitude forever!

But really, I could not be more excited for this movie! It is one of my top ten books EVER.

If you want to go see the movie, read the book first because then you can imagine your own Gatsby, Carraway, and Daisy :)

If you have read Gatsby read it again!
If you've read it twice then it's still not enough read it until you can tell me what the Eyes of T.J. Eckleburg look like.
If you can tell me that then research the iconic F. Scott Fitzgerald and tell me why his name is ironic with the American Dream theme in the novel.
If you can do the above than you are my new idol!





“So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.”




No comments:

Post a Comment