Saturday, January 5, 2013

The Post About School Hallways

I have always enjoyed certain aspects about school. I mean you have to admit that the social aspect alone is pretty good -sorry home-schoolers.

But I also enjoy learning,
Sometimes,
I mean if I want to,
Ok so not usually.

But I do like to take in information I think is interesting or cool. I mean do I really care what the square root of 198 is? Do I really care what the surface temperature of the moon is? Do I really care what the ratio of elements in the air is? Not really.

If anyone can tell me the answers to those questions that would be great because I have idea!

However, I love learning about the motives of the Civil War, the reasons behind a humans self preservation, the basic structure of communication, and most of all people!

I just love to learn about emotions, ideas, hopes and dreams, instinct, struggles, all the things that go along with being a human.

Now there isn't a class called "Learning to be Human 101." However, a school, a high school especially, is one of the best places to learn about humans. It is one of the best places to get an idea of love, stress, lying, cheating, stealing, boredom, friendship, and social hierarchy. You spend five minutes in a high school hallway and you can watch relationships begin, grow, and break up within the blink of an eye. Most people don't notice as they rush through the halls, plowing over innocent bystanders as they power walk to there next class, but I usually do.

Now, I'm not creepy or anything but I have a really horrid habit of listening in on other people's conversations. It isn't technically eavesdropping because it isn't intentional! It's not my fault that you walk in front of or behind me and decide to talk loud enough for me to hear!

Ok, so maybe it is eavesdropping, but I can talk about that problem another day.

Anyways, when I walk in the halls and hear all of these things around me I can't help but analyze and assess every word people say. I blame being a writer personally, but others tell me it is just because I am strange.

I have always hated that answer, "Because your strange." That's not an answer it's just a cop out designed to make the other person feel slightly inferior without feeling hurt.

I guess what I am trying to say is that if you are studying Psychology just walk around a high school for ten minutes and I am sure you will pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment